Full time working mothers are the fastest growing demographic in the US workforce with nearly all of these women returning within 6 months of giving birth. In the US nearly 50% of women are still nursing at 6 months and 27% at a year.
At Nourishing Rooms our mission is to help create a world in which women can expect comfortable and thoughtful spaces to express milk both in the office and at professional events. We believe that removing this barrier is a key step toward gender equity in the workplace. We aspire to partner with companies, conferences, convention centers and professional events to ensure the availability of nursing mother rooms that attract, retain and build loyalty among talented female professionals.
We donate 5% of all proceeds to a variety of non-profits supporting working mothers and gender equality in the workplace.
supporting nursing mothers is good for business
- Employees whose breastfeeding needs are accommodated and supported in the workplace report higher productivity and engagement
- Supporting breastfeeding employees creates a positive public image.
- Breastfeeding lowers health care costs
- Breastfed infants have increased immunity through mother's milk, leading to reduced absence due to illness
- Breastfeeding support helps employers keep talented employees so that less money is spent hiring and training